Energy Efficiency(EPC)

We inspect buildings in order for them to be granted an Enegy Performance Certificate.

This EPC must refer to the net energy consumed in kW/m2 .year including energy used for:

  • Heating
  • Hot water heating
  • Cooling
  • Ventilation
  • Lighting

Who needs an Energy Perfomance Certifcate

1. Buildings that are owned, operated or occupied by an organ of state:

    • Entertainment and public assembly buildings
    • Offices
    • Theatrical and indoor sport buildings
    • Places of instructions
    • Buildings that fulfil a particular need that are going to be used for 2 years or longer
    • Buildings with a net floor area of 1000m2

    2. Buildings that are privately owned

    • Same as above
    • Buildings with a net floor area of 2000m2

    Failure to comply with these new regulations within the 2 years will be seen as an offense in contravention of the act and those that do comply and do get their EPC must be aware that the certificate only lasts for five years from the date of issue.

    These EPC certificates must be submitted to South African National Energy Development Institute (SANEDI) who will maintain the National Building Energy Performance Register and also appoint a departmental representative to monitor the display of these certificates.


      aims to become a SANAS Accredited Inspection Body to issue Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) for Buildings as defined by SANS 1544:2014. We effectively integrate the stringent requirements of the SANAS accredited quality management system with a client focused digitised process and delivery ethic. As a new industry, a large part of the market requires education and hand-holding to understand and successfully navigate the requisites to ultimately achieve the best possible energy performance level. We aim to simplify and support our clients whilst maintaining the objectivity, confidentiality and professionalism principles.